Following the hierarchy of evidence, the sections here are organized from the strongest to the weakest evidence: '
Systematic reviews/meta analyses:
- A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Psychological Research on Conspiracy Beliefs: Field Characteristics, Measurement Instruments, and Associations With Personality Traits
Social science research:
- Adam Berinsky, Telling the Truth about Believing the Lies? Evidence for the Limited Prevalence of Expressive Survey Responding
- Joseph Uscinski, The Study of Conspiracy Theories
- Soroush Vosoughi, Deb Roy, Sinan Aral, The spread of true and false news online
- Summary of Wingnuts by John Avlon